Monday, April 25, 2011

Thing 5 - VoiceThread



After browsing the many Voicethreads, I found this classroom poetry Voicethread. I am going to be having my fifth grade students create poetry after our spring break, and thought that this would be a great way to showcase their work.

Teachers and students both can use VoiceThread to share ideas and creations. Teachers could use it to "teach" lessons that could be posted to classroom websites or wikis for students to access at home. This would be especially useful to math teachers teaching math concepts. Not only can students watch and listen to the teacher, but they can comment back through text or audio. Students can also create their own Voicethreads for any subject being learned...science, social studies, and math. Another way I could use Voicethread is by having students create group stories. One group could write the beginning (setting and characters), a second group could write the plot (conflict and events), and a third group could write the ending (resolution). It could then be pulled together with Voicethread while having students record the story to go along with illustrations or other found images.

What a great tool that I have yet to use in my classroom and am looking forward to implementing!

1 comment:

  1. I really need to make myself offer a Voicethread workshop here at MCISD. I think VT is one of those best kept "secrets" sites that few people know about. But, as you've observed, it has applications for every subject.

    ReplyDelete